- 2005- 2010 Commissioner of Public Safety Saratoga Springs, NY
- Led and managed the largest department of City, including Police, Fire/EMS. Member of five person City Council. Re-elected in 2007 by a 14 point margin with Democratic, Independence and Working Family Party lines.
- 2008 Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention - Denver, CO
- 2003-2004 Member of Joint Committee on Ethics - Saratoga Springs, NY
- 2001-2004 Chairperson of Zoning Board of Appeals - Saratoga Springs, NY
- 1996-2004 Member of Zoning Board of Appeals - Saratoga Springs, NY
- 2000- Present Law Offices of Ronald J. Kim, PC - Saratoga Springs/Glens Falls, NY
- Attorney in private practice focusing on consumer protection and employee rights litigation. Consumer protection includes foreclosure defense for over 1,000 homeowners, student loan consultations and misrepresentation suits against credit reporting agencies. Employee rights matters encompass several sexual harassment/discrimination lawsuits for victims; and age, race and disability rights advocacy for workers.
- 1992-2000 Environmental Federation of New York - Albany/Buffalo/Saratoga Springs, NY
- Executive Director -Founded statewide, non-profit environmental education and workplace fund-raising organization. Successfully advocated on First Amendment grounds, to allow environmental organizations and other “cause related” charities into New York State workplace campaigns.
- 1989-1992 Goodwin, Procter & Hoar - Boston, MA
- Associate Attorney in Trial/Litigation Department
- 1988-1989Cahill, Gordon & Reindel- New York, NY
- Law Clerk for Managing Attorney
- 1985-1988 National Civic League - New York, NY
- 1984-1985 New York City Office of Management & Budget - New York, NY
- 1982-1983 Chicago Council on Foreign Relations - Chicago, IL
- 1989 J.D., Fordham University School of Law - New York, NY
- 1983 M.A., University of Chicago, Harris School of Public Policy Studies - Chicago, IL
- F.K.A. The Committee on Public Policy Studies
- 1981 B.A., Colgate University - Hamilton, NY
- 1977 Glens Falls Senior High School - Glens Falls, NY